Friday, April 30, 2010

Cats and Cat Care

Cats are independent creatures.

In case you never met one, it is a 4 footed furry animal with pointed ears, whiskers, a tail, sharp claws and strong jaws!

Different cats have different personalities but most of them are curious and independent and before long they will have you believing they are the owner and you are the caregiver!

There are about 40 different breeds of cats recognized by the Cat Fancier's Association in the United States. The International Progressive Cat Breeder Alliance speaks of about 70 species worldwide. These are only domestic cats that I am speaking about.

I wanted to write about bobcats but it seems there are not many people who want to read about them, so why bother writing about them! I will just for my own pleasure and maybe when I learn something terrific I will share it.

But this blog is going to be about cats. Regular cats. Cats you might have in your home or on the farm or in the neighborhood.

I have a lot of feline experiences and do enjoy these animals. Though I admit they are not my absolutely favorite animal in the whole world. They are fun.

I plan to discuss care of cats. I want to share more about the breeds of cats in the United States. I truly don't understand why anyone really needs to BREED cats since they are quite good at doing that themselves.

My neighborhood is over-run with too many outdoor cats. Sadly, there are many irresponsible owners who do not follow recommended spay and neuter programs and there are about 5 generations of cats that I see around here. I don't know if it is really true but the sign at the vet's office proclaims YOUR PET IS CUTER WHEN YOU NEUTER.

So I will share my cat education with you while I learn more about registries, different breeds, cat associations, veterinary cat care and cat research information. Stick around. Or come back for the next post. PS. This would be a droll cat site without pictures and videos so trust me there will some of those coming along soon too! Thanks for touching base here with the cat crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment